Reach for Rosé on a Warm Spring Day


Hello Friends,

Even though it is still spring, the temperature in Virginia this weekend felt more like summer. The seasonal warmth had me reaching for something chilled, bright, and dry. One of the first wines that ran across my mind was a dry Rosé. Believe it or not, many people stray away from Rosé, thinking that they all are overly sweet. This probably has a lot to do with White Zinfandel, but I’m not knocking White Zin since this was many peoples introduction into the wonderful world of wine and the reason why there are so many old vine Zinfandel vineyards in California today.

Springtime Sipping!


Rosé wines typically range from off-dry to dry and Virginia has some of both to offer. Slightly off-dry, and I mean a smidgen of “natural” residual sugar, and dry Rosé wines are food friendly, versatile, and can be found at good price points. On a warm spring or summer day there is nothing better than a well-chilled, refreshing and light Rosé full of bright fruitiness and crisp acidity. I recently enjoyed several local selections and recommend you try these too if you haven’t already:  Breaux Vineyards Dry Syrah Rosé and off-dry Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Tarara Winery Rosé, Fabbioli Cellars Rosa Luna Dry Rose, Boxwood Cabernet Franc Dry Rose and Kluge Estate Sparkling Rosé and Albemarle Rosé. I know I’m missing some other good local examples so please add a comment or e-mail me some of your favorites. Also, some other wine producing regions you should look to for Rosé wines are Rioja and Navarra (Spain), the Southern Rhone – especially Tavel (France), Provence in southeast France, and Anjou (Loire Valley). In closing, just about every wine producing region does a Rosé, so give pink a try and let me know what you are enjoying so I can try it out too. Have a question about this post, friends? Feel free to leave a comment or send me an e-mail at myvinespot@yahoo.com, and as always, Happy Sipping!

Stay tuned friends ...More to come!

Please Click Here to vote Dezel's Vine Spot as your favorite wine blog - You can vote 1x per day! Many Thanks :)

Happy Sipping Friends - Tell your friends about the blog and thanks for your support and kind emails !

Rosé Wine

Dezel's My Vine Spot © 2006-2010. All rights reserved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...