I know you would never believe this, but I uncork or unscrew a new wine adventure just about every day. Being a wine enthusiast, a wine blogger, and someone who thoroughly appreciates and enjoys the liquid expression of a place, a person’s vision, and Mother Nature’s influence, I often tell people that wine is one of the most intriguing beverages in the world. It’s a hobby where there is always something new to taste and learn as well as great people to meet in real life or via those wonderful social media portals called Facebook and Twitter.
Corks Out, Time to Sip!
Below are a few of my recent sips accompanied by my tasting notes and a picture I snapped of each bottle. All of these sips come from Flora Springs -- a family-owned Napa Valley producer that has been growing and producing wine in the area for over three decades. Variety, so they say, is the spice of life, so keep an open mind and an open palate and enjoy the experience. Drink well, my friends!
Flora Springs 2009 Barrel Fermented Chardonnay
1) Flora Springs Winery 2009 Napa Valley Barrel Fermented Chardonnay (SRP $30): Pale gold in color with tropical fruit, baked pear, and toasty oak notes with touches of crème brûlée and butterscotch. The aromas carry over to the palate with a nice mouth-filling richness that’s complemented by softly balanced acidity with a touch of toasty [sweet baking] spice in the lingering finish. I enjoyed this selection with a delicious crab cake dinner. Two things you can never have enough of: Crab cakes and good Chardonnay. Click here to find this wine.
Flora Springs Winery 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
2) Flora Springs Winery 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (SRP $40): I had an opportunity to taste this wine during a recent CellarPass virtual wine event. This is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from 3 Napa Valley appellations: Oakville, Rutherford, and St. Helena. This wine is a deep ruby color with purple highlights in the glass with blackberry, blueberry, cedar and sweet spice scents alongside shy red fruit undertones, subtle vanilla bean notes and a touch dark cocoa. The palate is round, supple, and [fairly] full-bodied with soft, fine-grain tannins, a somewhat fleshy mid-palate, and a touch of dusty cocoa powder in the medium length finish. I enjoyed this wine three ways: on its own, with wasabi crusted meatloaf and garlic mash, and with a delicious (fat-free and healthy) chocolate cupcake from Cuvee Napa (my long-distant Valentine). A Cabernet that is well worth seeking out and one that you can find at even better price points if you search the web. Click here to find this wine.
Flora Springs 2009 Trilogy
3) Flora Springs 2009 Trilogy (SRP $75): I had an opportunity to taste this wine during a recent CellarPass virtual wine event. Trilogy is one of the original Meritage wines (it actually pre-dates the use of the term by approximately four years); this year's blend is composed of 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Merlot, and 5% Malbec. The 2009 vintage marks the 25th year Flora Springs has made this wine. The wine displays a nice ruby-purple color in the glass with aromas of boysenberry, blackberries, currant fruit, and spice box amid mocha scents and light red fruit undertones. The Trilogy is a semi-rich wine that’s light on its feet with supple tannins, balanced acidity, and a smooth lingering finish. This wine is drinking nicely now and will more than likely evolve and get more interesting with proper cellaring. I’ve seen this wine at lower price points at wine shops and on the web. Keep your eyes peeled and find a few bottles to enjoy now while securing a couple of bottles to savor at a later date. Click here to find this wine.
Color Me Trilogy!
Have a question about this post? Feel free to drop me an e-mail at email@example.com or hit me up on Facebook or Twitter. Stay tuned ...more to come. Happy Sipping, my friends! Disclosure: Two of these wines were received as a media sample for an event. Thoughts are my own.
Click here to get my blog posts delivered to your inbox!
Live, Love, Laugh, Tweet, Sip, Enjoy!
- Please Click Here to vote Dezel's My Vine Spot as your favorite wine blog - You can vote 1x per day!
- Friend me up on Face-Book here.
Thanks for reading and please tell your wine-loving friends about the blog. Cheers!
Tweet Me, Like Me, Share Me !!!
Dezel's My Vine Spot © 2006-2013. All rights reserved.