Wine and 4th of July BBQ

On the 4th of July we were set to enjoy a delicious North Carolina styled BBQ dinner. When I inquired prior to our BBQ dinner regarding wines that may pair up, most people told me beer goes best with BBQ hands down. Well, I’m not a beer drinker, and wanted to find a decent bottle of wine to compliment our BBQ dinner. I decided to go with a dry Rose, but after checking my wine rack all my Spanish Roses had been consumed. I had one lone Rose, which was a 2005 Chateau De Nages from Rhone. This is a classic dry Rose, displaying a beautiful fuchsia color, with refreshing ripe red berry flavors. Chateau De Nages is 70% Grenache and 30% Syrah, and pairs fairly well with a wide variety of foods. This Rose paired quite nicely with our vinegar based BBQ dinner. I do not think it would have held up against the more traditional heavier sauces however.

Another lesson learned for the new kid on the block. Did you have wine with your 4th of July BBQ? If so what was it.

Happy Sipping!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...