A Little Bit About Me ...


Hello Friends,

I guess you can call me a late bloomer to the wonderful world of wine. It’s one of life’s simple pleasures that I didn’t realize I had a passion for until well into adulthood. Having said that, I think I have done a pretty good job making up for lost time. During the day I work as a Systems Engineer; after 5PM, I become Dezel the wine enthusiast. Of all the things I’ve gotten into in life, I really could not have stumbled upon a better area of interest. Wine is one of the few hobbies where you will never run out of new things to taste and learn – and that’s a fact.

Spring of 2005 at Jefferson Vineyards. A Wine Virgin No More.


For me, it all started with a job transfer from the west coast to northern Virginia in 2003. I wasn’t into wine back then nor did I have any idea that Virginia produced wine. I did have an interest in history however. With four of the first five Presidents of the United States being from Virginia; this state is steeped in history and there's a lot to see and learn. In the spring of 2005, during a tour of Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's abode) in Charlottesville, someone on the tour recommended we visit Jefferson Vineyards (a short distance away). For many people I know, White Zinfandel was their introduction into the wonderful world of wine. I like to think I started off on higher ground with Virginia wine. I didn’t know Cabernet Franc was a red wine or how to pronounce Viognier [VEE-ohn-yay] back then. But after ending that Monticello trip at Kluge [now Trump Winery], I had found myself a new hobby. Unlike any other beverage I’ve tasted, wine is a drink that makes you think -- particularly when bitten by the bug. Many books, bottles, sips, and wonderful friends later – the whole swirl-sniff-savor or spit ritual never gets old for me. As a matter of fact, a new wine adventure awaits me following this short post. Thanks for taking time to read a little bit about me and 'Happy Sipping' to all of you!

Live, Love, Laugh, Tweet, Sip, Enjoy!

My Vine Spot

  • Please Click Here to vote Dezel's My Vine Spot as your favorite wine blog - You can vote 1x per day!
  • Friend me up on Face-Book here.

Happy Sipping Friends - Tell your friends about the blog and thanks for your support and kind emails !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...