Yesterday evening I had the pleasure of participating in Mountfair Vineyard’s virtual release event of their 2008 Wooloomooloo Bordeaux-style blend. Mountfair Vineyard is located in Crozet, Virginia on the Monticello wine trail and specializes in producing small batches of blended red wines using Bordeaux varieties. The 2008 Wooloomooloo consist of 60% Petit Verdot, 30% Merlot, and 10% Cabernet Franc. The wine retails for $25, was barrel aged for 24 months, and will be available for purchase through their website and tasting room on September 25th, 2010. Only 150 cases of this wine was produced and winemaker Fritz Repich and team did a nice job with the latest vintage.
Mountfair Vineyard 2008 Wooloomooloo
Kudos to Mountfair Vineyard for blazing the social media trail by leading the way with a Virginia Twitter tasting event and Frank Morgan for facilitating. The tasting event was enjoyable and wine enthusiasts outside of Virginia had the opportunity to sample what we do here - and do good! Below are some of the comments captured from Twitter about the 2008 Wooloomooloo – Enjoy, friends!
- TheOther46 ~ First impressions... Dark purple in glass, black fruit, berries, touch of tobacco with a hint of earth. #VAwine @Mountfair
- Melanie0 ~ Big cherry, earthy, a spice I am having trouble placing (said floral 1st, not it) #mountfair #vawine
- wawinereport ~ Dark in color. Fascinating nose. Dark berries, earth. Touch of brett perhaps? If so I like it. Takes me back to Old World #VAWIne #mountfair
- myvinespot ~ 08 Wooloomooloo ~ getting dk fruit, soft violet notes, smidgen of bret, hint of mushroom - very complex nose #vawine #mountfair
- vcuspoon ~ bit of bret on the nose is giving the Wooloomooloo a nice "barny edge" @mountfair @MfVvinotweets #mountfair #vawine
- DrinkWhatULike ~ I'm liking the 'Brettiness' ...adds an interesting component... #VaWine Wooloomooloo
- vawinetime ~ in the mouth...dark cherry, dark berry, spice, long yet smooth finish... #mountfair #vawine
- vcuspoon ~ great body and structure, awesome acidity @mountfair @MfVvinotweets #mountfair #vawine
- vawinetime ~ Aged 24 months and surprisingly smooth...would go well with a nice herb crusted leg of lamb #mountfair #vawine
- myvinespot ~ Wooloomooloo 08 : Love the mouth-feel of this wine , smooth texture , velvety tannins, nice long lingering finish. #vawine #mountfair
- DrinkWhatULike ~ There's a LOT going on in this @Mountfair Wooloomooloo #VaWine ...
- vinotology ~ This definitely seems like a food wine. The acidity is crying out for something to eat with it. #mountfair #vawine
- myvinespot ~ The 2008 Wooloomooloo is very "complex" ..... #wine peeps pulling out all sorts of stuff! Nice job @mountfair #vawine #mountfair
- vcuspoon ~ I think this is my favorite Wooloomooloo yet! @mountfair @MfVvinotweets #mountfair #vawine has some nice raspberry edges on the palate
Info: Mountfair Vineyard, 4875 Fox Mountain Rd, Crozet, VA 22932, T 434-823-7605
Have a question about this post, friends? Feel free to leave a comment or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and as always, Happy Sipping! Stay tuned friends ...More to come!
Get 1/2 off shipping when you buy wine online in quantities of 6 bottles or more with promo code "vine25"
- Please Click Here to vote Dezel's My Vine Spot as your favorite wine blog - You can vote 1x per day!
- Click Here to follow me on Twitter.
- Friend me up on Face-Book here.
Happy Sipping Friends - Tell your friends about the blog and thanks for your support and kind emails !
Dezel's My Vine Spot © 2006-2010. All rights reserved.