Loudoun Valley Vineyards Reserve Chardonnay 2004

Loudoun Valley Reserve Chardonnay 2004



Last week I won a bet with a fishing buddy and became the beneficiary of some prime tuna fillets. Anxious to season and sear these fillets, I whipped up some garlic dill potatoes and green beans to make it a meal. For my wine pairing, I visited the wine fridge, where I hold oodles of wine bottles hostage, and spotted a Loudon Valley Reserve Chardonnay, which I purchased early this year when visiting the winery.

The Loudoun Valley Reserve Chardonnay is barrel fermented in french oak and displays a nice yellow gold color. The bouquet offers vanilla and smoke with subtle tree fruit aromas. On the palate are muted tree fruit flavors of apple and pear, framed in oak with vanilla and spice nuances, ending with a slight pinch of sweetness. The Loudoun Valley Chardonnay paired quite well with my meal, and hopefully I can win another bet with this fishing buddy so I can do it all over again.


Loudoun Valley Vineyard’s Late Harvest Gewürztraminer 2003

For dessert, we enjoyed the Loudoun Valley Vineyard’s Late Harvest Gewürztraminer 2003, which is fruity and pleasingly sweet, with spice, fig, and honeyed flavors on the palate. It would pair well with cheese cake or vanilla crème brûlée. We opted to cut some calories and enjoy this tasty dessert wine on its very own.

Do stay tuned!

  • More Monticello Wine Trail visits
  • Wine Reviews
  • More, more, more ...


Happy Sipping!


Dezel


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...