Twitter #CheapWineChallenge Recap

Hello Friends,

Last week I participated in the Twitter Cheap wine challenge where wine bloggers were asked to submit and write about their favorite wine for under $10. This challenge was sparked by the fact that in today's volatile economy many people are seeking good quality-to-price ratio wines for everyday consumption. It must be true, because since the challenge, I have been asked for the cheap wine listing by several friends who are interested in seeking out some of these value wines. The entire list of 15+ bargains for under $10 can be found here on Wine Ophelia's wine blog. I was able to find several of these value wines and wanted to share three selections that I enjoyed.

Some of the value wines I enjoyed!


  • Dezel gives "two Riedel stems up" to the two sassy sisters known as the Wine Harlots for submitting the Ravens Wood 2007 Zinfandel. This is a good value wine, priced at $6.97, which offers good varietal character with black berry, spice, and currant notes. Try this with pizza, enjoy it on its own, or pair it with a grilled burger & steak fries like the Harlots suggest.


  • Next up is the smooth sipping St. Francis Red 05 blend submitted by Brain Wines. This red wine blend (58% Merlot, 25% Syrah, 9% Cabernet Franc, 6% Cabernet
    Sauvignon, and 2% Zinfandel) is fruit-forward and easy drinking with red fruit & dried cherry aromas. For $8.99, this is a nice evening sipper, no doubt.


  • Last, but not least, is the Garnacha de Fuego 2008 submitted by the Grape Vine. This wine is full & lush with dark cherry and mixed berry aromas with spice and peppery undertones. I found this wine for $7.99 and it would pair nicely with grilled meats.

In closing, don’t forget about my four-time blind tasting award winner, the Honey Moon Viognier from Trader Joe’s for $5.99. Get out and try some of these picks, friends, and let me know what you think. If you have a favorite under $10 wine that was not on the list, be sure to drop me a line and let me know what it is. I found all of these wines at Total Wine in Springfield. If you are closer to the Richmond area, give the Wine Cellar in Midlothian a try.


Stay tuned friends ... Quick Sip at Kluge Estate Vineyard & lot's more!

Please Click Here to vote Dezel's My Vine Spot as your favorite wine blog - You can vote 1x per day! Many Thanks :)

Happy Sipping Friends - Tell your friends about www.myvinespot.com and thanks for your support and kind emails !

Dezel's My Vine Spot © 2006-2010. All rights reserved.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...